Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 by Twinklingstars
And so here comes my birthday month!
Times flies man.
I promise i will update more frequently.
I was browsing through my blog archive and realised that i have not complete the 30 days challenge thing.
I started that challenge last last year. LOL.
I volunteered at this marathon event [Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore] two days ago.
First volunteering work alone and yes, it was tiring.
Met many interesting people meaning other volunteers as well as the runners.
There are 42km full marathon, 21km half marathon, 10km marathon etc.
I can't imagine myself running for so many kilometres for few hours straight.
Those runners that ran with their heart,
you can really feel their joy after they had completed the marathon.
I was helping at the athlete welfare area so i will check the squares on their bib after they completed the marathon and had collected their t-shirt and medal.
No doubt, they were really tired but i can see beneath their tiredness,
the tinge of joy hovering around the corner of their mouth.
As i checked the squares on their bib and said GOOD JOB to them,
the wave energy bursting out is just amusing.
They will smile really brightly at you and say THANK YOU
There is a reason why volunteers spend their time doing all these things people deemed as 'waste of time'
and keep coming back the next year.
It is the joy you obtain from helping others, the acceptance to a community, the friends you get to know and every other thing that i can't explain that really make you want to do it again in the future.
So,
I will strongly urge people to sacrifice some of your time to volunteer.
It is worth it.
If you want to volunteer but afraid of going alone because your friends are not interested,
don't worry,
just go for it.
I went alone and i am still safe and alive here. HAHAHAHA.
P.S. Don't judge my post's title, 'Counting Stars' By One Republic is really addictive. 0comments