Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 by Twinklingstars
只有大步迈出,踏入陌生国境,才知道自己多么渺小
I AM BACKKKKKKKKK
Belgium is an extremely beautiful country!
i adore the architecture works there.
They make an effort to preserve the old, unique buildings. [The same goes to Germany]
I feel that these buildings speaks for themselves,
they tell stories that will live on for generations.
We have visited a few memorial sites and to European Union as well as European Commission.
It is really interesting to learn how the EU works.
It is totally different from ASEAN.
We went to Germany for the homestay program.
On the first day of the program,
my host didn't turn up.
I kinda freaked out.
I ended up going to other girl.
Thank god she is really nice and we like to watch animes.
On the 2nd day,
my host turned up.
LOL.
She is very pretty, i mean really really pretty.
Her eyes are golden in colour.
I got a cultural shock when i learnt that they started drinking, smoking, dating at very very young age.
Like 12 years old or something.
Compared to the asian culture,
Europeans tend to be more open or liberal i guess.
My host family is really nice,
they have a big family like mine!
They smile with real warmth, making me feel very comfortable despite the freezing cold weather.
Top 3 difference between Asian and European culture.
Personal opinion, not to offence anybody!
1. First names
They address their teachers by their first name and their parents would want us to address them by their first name as well.
I was so amused.
Asians tend to stress great importance on seniority so we would address our teacher or any other adult as Mr xx or Mrs xx
It feels kinda weird and I felt so disrespectful to address them by their first name
LOL.
But i guess this is their way to feel closer to each other?
2. No school uniforms
They go to school wearing whatever they like
They can dye their hair, they can paint their nails
I really like this no uniform rules.
But many people would not know the purpose of having school uniform.
It is to enhance interaction between students.
When everyone has a standardised dress code,
the social status of individual is not that definite anymore because students cannot compare what they are wearing.
Students that come from different family background can mix around and know each other.
I think we should be proud of that if you ignore the fact that teachers are always looking out, ensuring that none of us alter our uniforms. lol.
3. Curriculum
Students in Germany start school at 8am and end generally around 1 or 2 pm in the afternoon.
I envy them.
School starts at 7.30am here and i get to home like 5pm or even later sometimes.
Gosh.
They make it a point not to have school activities on weekends too.
My german friends were so surprised to know that going back to school on saturday is pretty common for me.
Well,
schools in different countries expect different things for different purpose.
Alright,
still having jet lag issue.
So get some sleep!
Dulces sueños 0comments
