Missing him was dark grey all alone
follow+
How to be a successful cupid
Posted on Saturday, October 5, 2013 by Twinklingstars
http://weheartit.com/entry/80525829

EXAMS ARE OVERRRRRRRR
I feel so relief.
That heavy burden in my heart is finally lifted off.
I did my best and hope for the best when the results come back (:

Anyway, October is here.
October sounds like "Octopus" to me and i always feel that it is a month for sea-related activities.
Make no sense but oh well,
hahahaha.

Shall share some matchmaking experience since i actually pretended to be a cupid with a friend (A) few days ago.
We were trying to pair this friend (B) with a guy (C) she is interested in.
We all know C cause we are in the same subject class.
A thinks that there are same chemistry between B and C
But i don't really think so.
Probably cause i kinda know C as a guy who is always very friendly towards both gender and he may be giving wrong signals unknowingly to B.

Anyway, the brave B actually asked C to watch a movie.
We [The clique] were totally shocked when we knew, cause it sort of made things very obvious.
We were afraid that C will avoid her but it turned out, C actually agreed to go with the suggestion that asking a few more friends along.
This is when A and I decided to play the cupid game.

B has a bad taste in fashion.
We have another friend (D) who went out with her and
D described B as 'fashion disaster'
So we persuaded B to wear something more elegant.
And she wore a dress of which length is over the knee yet not reaching the ankle.
It is absolutely at an awkward length.
But that is not the focus of my story.

They decided to have a dinner before the movie.
A and I were late, sort of deliberately so that they can have some time together.
When we reached there, we saw the two of them walking together, shopping!
They nearly saw us, but we dodged away from their views.
That was a close shave.
If not, they would have discovered our motives. Hahahaha.

The dinner was awkward.
Extremely awkward.
A and I were trying to lighten the atmosphere and entertain the two of them.
B and C didn't talk much.
B was totally quiet.
She got chided by us when C wasn't around.
Cause that was so unlikely of her to be so quiet.

We decided to watch Prisoners.
The plot focuses on the abduction of two young girls and the resulting search to find them.
Sounds simple but it is a good thriller film i must say.
Highly recommended!
It creates suspense throughout the entire movie.
The ending is really surprising and unexpected.

Initially, we wanted to watch insidious 2 but C violently objected.
Who knows a guys would be afraid of horror movies. HAHAHA.
Throughout the movie,
B and C kind of talked.
So i guess things should be on the right path?

After the movie,
A and I deliberately took a bus home when we can actually take MRT.
We wanted to create another chance for them to talk.
That bus ride for A and I which was longer than taking MRT was worthwhile after all,
considering that B and C talked when they were together.
Although i don't really see C being infatuated with B,
I do hope that there are some sparks coming out between them like one of  Taylor swift's songs.
Hahaha.

In conclusion,
to be a successful cupid you have to:
1. Ensure that your 'client' ( Which is B for my case) dresses up properly
2. Lighten up the atmosphere so they don't get awkward
3. Make sure that the attention is not directed to yourself when doing 2. It should be to allow targets to reveal their true personality.
4.Create personal time for your targets

I think i am getting better at crapping all these things now.
Probably the after math of doing too many essays during exams.
[I actually wrote nine essays on one of the exam days cause i had two subjects to handle. Gosh, that was the worst essay writing time i ever had.]
HAHAHAHA.

Now that exams are over and i only have one a level pw oral presentation to worry,
i can't finally take a short break and start picking up my hobbies.
That is to read and draw!
I really miss doing things at my own will.

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
 ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
0comments